Sunday, May 31, 2009

Delicious vegan food

Some of you might be thinking that delicious and vegan are mutually exclusive. You'd be so wrong!

I've been doing lots of vegan cooking lately thanks to inspiration from two totally amazing vegan sites. You have to check them out. If for no other reason than the pictures will make you drool. The sites are Vegan Yum Yum and Vegan Dad. Over the last 2 days I've made the following and all were delicious.

From Vegan Dad:
Sweet Potato and Kale Quesedillas
Crispy Cajun Chickpea Cakes
Indian Style Potatoes and Spinach (I used kale)

From Vegan Yum Yum:
Chili Almond Asparagus

I'm using these sites and other veg/vegan sites to help me reduce the amount of meat I eat. After being vegetarian for about 8 years, a few years ago I started eating some local and organic meat. I am now eating meat more than I would like to admit and given the huge environmental impact meat eating has, I'm trying to bring my meat eating down considerably.

Anyone have any great veg/vegan recipes to share?

No comments: