That's our most recent water bill. Yep, that's right, its a CREDIT.
If you look at the amount of water we have used in the last two bills (one estimate, one actual), we are at 39 cubic metres in 124 days. For some of those days there were 3 of us in the house and for some of those days there were 4 of us in the house, but I think a safe estimate is that we are now at 85 litres of water per person per day. This is v. exciting as we are now at 25% of the average! Pretty good considering a year or so ago we were at 78% of the average.
What I've done recently as well as the navy shower thing and the 'letting it mellow' thing include:
- installed a 6L flush toilet in the downstairs apartment
- installed low flow showerheads (1.25 gallons/minute) in both apartments
- installed low flow aerators (2.0 gallons/min) on the kitchen and bathroom taps in both apartments
- started capturing my shower water and using it to flush the toilet (more on that in another post
- got super new uber green tenants in our rental apartment :)