Monday, April 7, 2008

Consumer Goods Day!

Oh man, I'm crap. I didn't even make it through one week without forgetting to do one of my new posts. In my defense I thought that Consumer Goods Day was Monday. Ooops!

Anyway, the good news is that my list of consumer goods purchased last week is short.

Items bought last week:
1. A variety of (new) fuses for the house
(tenant thought that one had blown but hadn't so was an unnecessary purchase - dang!)
$10.

This means for the Riot we are at 4%. For now.

*Consumer goods does not include: food, services, and consumable essentials. My list includes:
  • soap (laundry, dish, body etc.), local, bulk and organic as much as possible

  • 100% recycled paper toilet paper - am inspired by Unstuffed, Crunchy Chicken and No Impact man but I'm not ready to go there yet

  • deodorant

  • soil for gardening - will be getting my soil from here this year - no packaging and local!


-probably a few more things but that's all I can think of for now.

The bottom line is that consumer goods means 'stuff'. Clothes, books, cds, vases, lamps, cookie sheets, cell phone, video games etc.

No comments: