Ed's Apple, cranberry and cinnamon oatmeal
- 1/3 cup quick cook oats (the bulk ones from the Wheat berry and I think Herb and Spice are from Ontario)
- 1/2 apple (local from the organic farmers market - they still have them!)
- 8 cranberries (from Upper Canada Cranberry)
- 1 cup 1% milk (or 2/3 cup milk and 1/3 cup water if using 2%). From Organic Meadow. Not local.
- maple syrup
- Remove the core from the apple cut into 1/2 inch pieces (no need to peel)
- Add to a small pot with the milk, oats, and cranberries
- Cook over medium/low heat until thick
- Add a shake of cinnamon and stir until combined
- Put in a bowl and pour on a bit of maple syrup. That's optional though. The apples make it pretty sweet already
On top of being easy and delicious, the best part is that the only garbage left is the apple core. And that goes in the composter.