Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Addicted to crochet


Check out this sweet stash! It was freecycled to me by a generous friend who was cleaning out her basement. Lucky for me since the amount of new stuff I get to buy is pretty low (see the Riot rules).

As soon as I got all this gorgeous yarn, I started dreaming about crocheting a pair of fingerless gloves. I don't know if it's because I'm a child of the eighties but there's something I really like about them. Plus my hands are always freezing when I'm on the computer (at work and home).

Trouble is, I only just learned how to crochet. Like a month ago. And all I've made so far are squares. But buoyed by the encouragement from my friend and crochet teacher I gave it a shot. I went on-line and taught myself how to connect the crochet up to make a tube, how to increase and decrease in the round, make a thumb hole and even do some decorative edging. :-) Its not perfect - some dropped stitches here and there but in general I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Check out the results:
fingerless glove
fingerless glove action shot

Now I just have to make the second one!

No comments: