- Brought my stainless steel water bottle so I didn't have to buy bottled water
- Took the train instead of flying
- Continued to selectively flush and take navy showers
- Cancelled the newspaper left outside my room every day
- Cancelled my turn down service (came back to my room the first night to lights and radio on!!)
- Brought my own food in reusable containers for breakfasts and snacks
- Hung up my towels each morning so they didn't get washed
- Before leaving home, I researched nearby restaurants that I could walk to (found a great veg. restaurant)
- Brought home all my paper waste to make sure it got recycled
- Resisted the urge to use the cute, nice smelling bottles and tubes of shampoo, lotion, soap etc. in my bathroom. Instead I used my own shampoo, lotion, and soap that I'd brought from home.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
I had to travel for work recently and so I thought I'd blog about some of the things I did to green it up.