This deliciousness was a super easy experiment.
- 1 apple (local)
- 1 ish cups of frozen local strawberries
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- handful hazelnuts (chopped)
- 1/8 cup safflower oil
- 1/4 ish cup of rice syrup (I'm off sugar and most substitutes at the moment)
- Peel and slice the apple and put at the bottom of the baking dish
- Cut up strawberries (frozen) and cook in microwave for a few mins
- Add berries to dish with apple (will be v. v. juicy)
- Drizzle over a little bit of rice syrup
- Mix oats, oat bran, hazelnuts, safflower oil, and rice syrup
- Add this granola-like mix on top of the fruit and bake at 350 for around 20 mins? (think I did about 10 and then turned the oven off and let it finish cooking with residual heat). Basically cook until bubbling and brown on top.
The cool part was that the oat bran soaked up all the strawberry juice so once it cooled I could slice it up like a granola bar.